Happy Hump day!
Well I am finding some creative ways to get creative. Having this back injury requires a fair amount of laying down. I am getting kind of tired of laying down so much, but when I try to sit for too long I look like someone who has a nervous leg ;-). Not to mention, it hurts! So I figured out a way to make a card by changing positions… many times. Never underestimate the power of a determined crafter! First I looked at the Catherine & Cathy Create blog for ideas. The fun tags challenge for this month is Furry Friends. Perfect! I just got the Life in the Forest set from Stampin’ Up which has the cutest critters! Since I had my theme I laid down on the bed with papers and emblishments to look over for ideas of how I wanted it to come together. It worked and I was able to pull together a cute card with a tag on it. It is a very fall looking card, but I had recently purchased my first ever Copic markers so I really wanted to use the colors I had which were to color in the fox. It just seemed to make sense to make it a brown/orange theme. I still have lots to learn about using Copic’s, but it is a start. So here is what I came up with:
That fox is cute, right? I love this Stampin’ Up set! Anyhoo, when I saw the OWH midweek throwdown is a Brown Color Challenge I was like hey two for one!! It works out so well because I was planning to send this card off to OWH anyway.
Here are the supplies used:
- Inks: Stampin’ Up Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip, Tim Holtz Pumice Stone distress ink for the fox outline.
- Copics: Sketch markersYR20,YR23, and YR27
- Stamps: Stampin’ Up Life in the Forest and Just Sayin’
- Tools: Stampin’ Up Woodgrain embossing folder, Stampin’ Up Window Frame Die and Chalk Talk Die. Corner Rounder punch.
- Paper: Stampin’ Up Whisper white, DCWV Green Stack paper pack and scrap light blue I had (might be Stampin’ Up Soft Sky)
- Emblishments: Stampin’ Up Chocolate Chip Scallop Dots Ribbon and Linen thread
Have a happy Wednesday. I am off to lay down for a bit!