I am certainly getting into the Christmas spirit these days! I have been sending out cards, wrapping gifts, listening to the Christmas Music and just plain enjoying the season. It has been a bit warmer than what is typical here in the Chicago suburbs, and I love it. I know many folks would wish for snow but I am actually quite happy when it stays away.
As I was wrapping gifts for many people I made sure to include some very special folks that helped me out this year, my physical therapists and their assistants. I had back surgery at the end of the summer and I have been in PT for months. My very last session was Monday. I feel like a new person and I am so happy they all helped me out. To show them my gratitude, I baked them cookies and decorated the boxes with green and red and shiny ribbons. They all seemed very happy with the gift. Isn’t it wonderful to watch others enjoy the creations we give them?
I made many different versions of this goody box so here are a few of them:
Cute, right? I embossed the plastic covers to give each box its own flair. I have so many embossing folders I used a different one for each box and I tried to match up the patterns when I could. If you want to try this just be sure to emboss the cover half way up on one side then turn it around to do the bottom. You will need to make a belly band to cover up where the two patterns meet, but that is a piece of cake!
So I hope I have given you some fun ideas for decorating your goody boxes. Are you giving lots of yummy goodies to friends and family this year?
I could not forget to also tell you about the weekly deals that started today. Here they are:
- Paper: Trim the Tree DSP paper stack, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Whisper White, Brushed Silver and Kraft card stock. Boxes are the Tag a Bag Gift Boxes
- Stamps: Festival of Trees, Holiday Cheer and a tiny sneak peek of a new one coming out in January – You Brighten My Day!
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Encore Metallic Silver and the Uni-Ball Signo gel Pen
- Tools: Many embossing folders were used including – On Point, Large Polka Dot, Zig Zag, and Decorative Dots. retired embossing folders were also used. Tree punch, Scallop Tag Punch, Corner Rounder punch, Paper Trimmer and Paper Snips
- Embellishments: Gold and Silver 1/8 inch ribbon, Whisper White 1/4 inch Cotton Ribbon, Gold Metallic Baker’s Twine and Linen Thread