Hey there crafty folks,
As usual, I have been to busy to post much lately. I will always try to share goodies with you when I can! I tried something new by stamping with my embossing folder! I will admit it is a little tricky, but once you get it the result is quite pretty.
To make this card I used the Chevron embossing folder and then inked it up with the Mint Macaron ink. I actually took the pad and inked right on the folder! Now, if you want to try this I would suggest you don’t use an emobssing folder with lots of intricate details. It seems to work better with the folders that have some open space. It looks great with the Chevron folder, but I found it is really adorable with the Star embossing folder too. When doing this technique you have to be sure you don’t mind that it won’t come out perfect. You are going to get some ink outside of the embossed area. You can see that happened along some of the lines in this card. Another good hint I found is that it really works better if you ink folder on the side that does the debossing. I would consider this the front of the folder. For most of the folders I think this is the side with the manufacture name written on it, but I am not positive. Truly, trial and error will get you the results you want, eventually. 😉 One final hint I found that helps make this come out the best is to use the least amount of layers possible in your big shot sandwich. That way you still get the impression, but there is a little less chance for ink in places you don’t want it.
Beyond the inking of this card, the rest is really quite simple. I used the new 3 way banner punch to make the white layer. I did not cut it the exact size for one of the slots of the banner punch because it looked better being only slightly smaller than the base layer tag. Just turn you punch over so you can see exactly where you are punching the banner and then you will be sure it will be centered. The base layer tag was made using the Ornate Tag Topper. For the pretty dotted lace trim, I simply pulled both ends through the hole that was punched out in the Ornate Tag Punch. It was a tight fit so I really did not need to even adhere the tag to the card at all! I tied a simple knot to finish it off.
Hope you give this technique a try!
I found some inspiration for the layers over at RetroSketches. I have never participated in one of their challenges before so I thought it would be fun to try it. Here is the sketch to be followed:
Happy Crafting Everyone!